- St. Louis, MO
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business
Simmons Bank is a dynamic regional community bank with the full financial capabilities to meet the unique needs of our customers. We believe in empowering our associates to be a trusted advisor while providing them with the resources of a traditional bank supported by cutting edge technology. We are passionate about guiding our customers through each financial life stage and understand they desire and deserve choices on how they wish to bank.
As a Relationship Banker (RB), you will be responsible for building, expanding, and retaining existing client relationships while providing an exceptional client experience. Relationship Bankers will provide expert financial solutions to existing and prospective clients by assessing their financial needs and offering solutions through bank products and services to help clients accomplish their current and future financial goals. Relationship Bankers will be experts in marketing Simmons solutions to our existing customer base and prospects through daily interactions, outbound calling efforts, business visits, networking events and periodic ‘At Work’ events. Relationship Bankers are expected to achieve and/or exceed their established individual and branch goals. They may also assist clients with account service and maintenance requests, teller transactions, problem resolution, and other transactional needs. It is expected that Relationship Bankers are professional and positive Simmons Ambassadors while meeting and exceeding our client’s expectations. All Relationship Banker Positions will receive the same training on all requisite products, services, needs based conversations, and other tools necessary to perform the role.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to share and recommend the banks full scope of resources with customers, including traditional in branch services, digital capabilities, and business partner resources
- Ensure that individual goals are met through required levels of in person and outbound calling activities that provide an opportunity for us to share valued solutions and recommendations via a needs-based philosophy
- Perform all functions related to opening and closing accounts including assisting customers with the appropriate selection of accounts, performing research of customers' accounts, and complying with BSA and CIP requirements
- Facilitate consumer loan requests: solicit loan requests; maintain knowledge of loan policies and procedures; assist with branch(es)’ consumer loan portfolio(s)
- Uncover needs and refer customers to a partner centric team that works with small business, corporate and institutional partners, and mortgage and financial advisors
- Maintain a high level of client satisfaction by engaging our customers and ensuring we are providing an optimal customer experience
- Ensures all departmental documents and activities are performed in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures as applicable to this position, including completion of required compliance training.
- Process customer requests and transactions in a positive, accurate and professional manner while engaging in a genuine conversation to help identify needs and recommend solutions
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirement listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to effectively motivate and present information in one-on-one and small group situation, to customers, clients and other employees in the organization
- Embrace a team centric approach to collectively help our customers in an ever evolving and fast paced banking environment
- Coach and lead the branch team according to process and protocol in the absence of an AFCM
Education and/or Experience
- HS Diploma/GED
- One year customer-facing and goal-oriented experience
- This position requires registration with the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) and/or
- Obtain an NMLS license after employment. Please refer to (http:/mortgage.nationalwidelicensing.org) for more information
- MS Office programs
- Understand and utilize social media platforms to help share brand awareness and obtain market knowledge
Other Qualifications (including physical requirements)
- Occasional travel for meetings, training, bank conversion and acquisition support (sporadic and minimal overnight and/or out of town)
- Ability to provide support and guidance at other banking institutions within the market
Equal Employment Opportunity Information: Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of equal employment with respect to a person's race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, covered veterans, military status, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected classifications. Simmons First National Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to Affirmative Action Programs consisting of results-oriented procedures to ensure equal employment opportunities. These programs require positive action in lieu of neutral non-discrimination and merit hiring/performance policies.